The RoLo/Big Warsop Community Chest is offering applicants another chance to apply for up to £500 of funding for their community project, group or organisation.
The deadline for applications for the next round of funding is Friday 27 October 2017.
In the last round of Community Chest funding a total of £2,956.37 was awarded to the following groups:
- Warsop Wheelies BMX Club received £284.99 to purchase an industrial lawnmower for the upkeep of the BMX track.
- Warsop InfoTech Group received £280 to purchase a laptop.
- Warsop Parish Centre (Stable Barn) received £250 towards the repair of the floor covering.
- Hett’s Lane Holiday Club were awarded £150 to run a summer session.
- Donate and Dazzle (Hetty’s) received £250 towards the cost of repairing the door and windows of the Donate and Dazzle charity shop.
- Warsop Children’s Centre received £200 to support the cost of a volunteer celebration and also the costs for taking part in the carnival.
- Warsop Footpath and Countryside Group were awarded £200 as a contribution towards the cost of printing 1000 footpath/walk leaflets.
- The Oaklands Centre were awarded £440 as a contribution towards decorating costs.
- Welbeck Lions FC received £249.98 of funding for new goals and balls.
- Jigsaw were awarded £201.40 to purchase equipment for activity groups, such as jigsaw puzzles, mats, and a bowling set.
- Church Vale School received £450 to fund 12 children (who are not in receipt of pupil premium funding), to attend a two-day camp.
The RoLo/Community Chest fund is a joint initiative between Big Warsop and the Rotary Club of Warsop, Shirebrook and District, with grants of up to £500 available to eligible groups and organisations. Since the scheme was launched in 2013, more than £35,000 of funding has been awarded.
For more information on how to apply, visit the Community Chest page here on our website.