Background research for the Big Local Lottery Fund revealed that Warsop already has a very vibrant and diverse voluntary sector, which does great work in the community. The Big Warsop Partnership are keen to support the work that these groups do and, to achieve this, we decided to set up an investment fund to finance grants for community groups – hopefully for many years to come. We are delighted that the Rotary Club of Warsop and Shirebrook agreed to join us as a partner in providing these grants.
Our aims for the community chest funding are to:
- Help local groups achieve their aims and goals more successfully.
- Share and celebrate achievements, which will bring added benefits to the grant recipient and generate interest and publicity for the grants panel.
What’s on offer?
In partnership with Rotary, the community chest offers grants to local groups and organisations. In total, £10,000 worth of community chest funding is available during the year, with contributions coming from Rotary and Big Warsop.
Initially, grants of up to £500 will be available to eligible groups and organisations.
Who can apply?
The aim of the Big Warsop RoLo Community Chest is to support the Parish of Warsop by making grants to voluntary and community groups who are working to improve their communities.
Community and voluntary groups based in the Parish of Warsop can apply if they are delivering projects that benefit people living within the parish of Warsop.
Groups should be:
- Registered charities, or
- Constituted (have a set of rules) or
- Be working towards a constitution or set of rules.
For more information or to find out if your group is eligible contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
The Application Process for the Autumn Round is now open! The closing date is Wednesday 30th September 2020 at 6pm.
Please find below the links to the application form.
Some of the things we have funded so far
We have already helped local community groups by responding to a range of requests for funding.
- New tables and chairs were funded for The Shed and Warsop Youth and Community
- Meden School Eco Warriors had funding to buy new recycling bins
- Sherwood Street School received funding towards equipment for their new nurture unit
- The Oaklands Centre recived funding towards a Christmas Day meal for the lonely people of Warsop Parish
- We helped Friends of Warsop vale by providing funding for new outdoor toys for events
- We provided funding to both Warsop Brownies and Guides to help with travel expenses to events
- We helped Market Warsop Players buy new props and costumes for a Christmas pantomime.
- We provided support for a project to get a water supply to Welbeck Allotments Association.
- We helped fund new climbing equipment and safety gear for 1208 (Warsop) Squadron Air Cadets.
- We supported the cost of new football kit, equipment, and room hire for Market Warsop Football Club under 7s.
- Warsop Judo Club received funding for a new scoreboard and medals.
- Meden Vale Playscheme received funding for a pantomime trip.
- Hetts Lane Holiday club received funding for a party.
- We provided volunteer support costs for a work placement at Hetty’s.
- We helped fund an events shelter, table and chairs for the Friends of Warsop Vale.
- We helped fund new equipment and uniforms from Warsop TaeKwonDo.
These are just a few examples of the kind of projects we have supported so far. If your community or voluntary group is based in the Warsop Parish and your group and project are eligible, you could be the next to receive funding if your application is successful.